Connectionists: Neural model of brain dynamics of music: Lyrics, melodies, rhythms, and beats

Grossberg, Stephen steve at bu.edu
Fri Apr 8 21:07:36 EDT 2022

Dear Colleagues,

I have published a new article about the brain dynamics of music:

Grossberg, S. (2022). Towards understanding the brain dynamics of music: Learning and conscious performance of lyrics and melodies with variable rhythms and beats. Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience, April 8, 2022.
https://doi.org/10.3389/fnsys.2022.766239

This article shows how neural models that I recently published in my Magnum Opus can help to understand music and its links to other brain processes:

Grossberg, S. (2021). Conscious Mind, Resonant Brain: How Each Brain Makes a Mind. New York: Oxford University Press.
https://www.amazon.com/Conscious-Mind-Resonant-Brain-Makes/dp/0190070552

https://global.oup.com/academic/product/conscious-mind-resonant-brain-9780190070557?cc=us&lang=en&

Best,

Steve

Stephen Grossberg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Grossberg
http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=3BIV70wAAAAJ&hl=en
https://youtu.be/9n5AnvFur7I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hBye6JQCh4
https://www.amazon.com/Conscious-Mind-Resonant-Brain-Makes/dp/0190070552

Wang Professor of Cognitive and Neural Systems
Director, Center for Adaptive Systems
Professor Emeritus of Mathematics & Statistics,
       Psychological & Brain Sciences, and Biomedical Engineering
Boston University
sites.bu.edu/steveg
steve at bu.edu