Connectionists: Special session on "Intelligent solutions for cybersecurity systems", CISIS 2022, Salamanca (Spain)

Bernabe Dorronsoro bernabe.cfp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 13:00:53 EDT 2022

Call for Papers: "Intelligent solutions for cybersecurity systems"

Special Session of the 15th International Conference on Computational Intelligence in Security for Information Systems – CISIS 2022

6 - 8th September 2022, Salamanca, Spain
Conference website: http://www.2022.cisisconference.eu <http://www.2022.cisisconference.eu/>
Papers submission deadline: April 30th, 2022.
Acceptance notification: May 20th, 2022.
Submission instructions: http://www.2022.cisisconference.eu/paper-submission-publication/ <http://www.2022.cisisconference.eu/paper-submission-publication/>
All the accepted papers of CISIS conference (submitted both to the general track and the special sessions) will be considered for its possible inclusion in a special issue of the Logic Journal of the IGPL (Q1).

Description

In recent years, the fast growth in technology has drastically increased the amount of data generated by people and communication services. We are currently living in a digitalized world in which information and processes come in digital form where new security threats and actors appear thus being mandatory to account for cybersecurity systems. In parallel, Artificial Intelligence (AI) is now being used everywhere in our life, from consumer electronics, vehicles, and smart systems in offices and factories, to various cloud services on the Internet. AI, in particular Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL) techniques, are now becoming key technologies that support our lives and society. In this sense, AI arises as a powerful tool, not only to gain insights from data but also to ensure privacy and security of the information and communication services. Additionally, these technologies also increase the chances of being targeted by cyberattacks, thus requiring the development of cutting-edge smarter approaches which help minimise the exposure of our living infrastructure, property, and privacy. This session welcomes recent contributions in all areas connected to machine learning and cybersecurity addressing related issues including, but not limited to:

Data security and privacy.
Smart security control.
Adversarial machine learning.
Robustness and resiliency of AI models.
XAI (Explainable AI) in cybersecurity.
Privacy preserving machine learning.
Federated learning for cybersecurity.
Data visualisation and visual analytics for cybersecurity.
Zero-day attack detection and reaction.
Deep learning for cybersecurity.
Data fusion methods.
Datasets’ integration.
Cybersecurity forensic analysis.
Business Intelligence and Security.
Privacy-enhancing technologies and anonymity.
AI-based SOARs (Security Orchestration, Automation & Response).
AI-based EDRs (End-point Detection and Response).
AI-based IDSs (Intrusion Detection Systems).
AI-based IRSs (Intrusion Response Systems).
AI for cybersecurity.
Cybersecutiry for AI-based models: threats, attack generation and countermeasures.
AI, Ethics and Law.

Papers reporting industry experiences, practical applications and case studies are welcomed in this special session.

Special Session Organizers:

Dr. Daniel Urda Muñoz, Universidad de Burgos, Spain, durda at ubu.es <mailto:durda at ubu.es>
Dr. Roberto Magán Carrión, Universidad de Granada, Spain, rmagan at ugr.es <mailto:rmagan at ugr.es>
Dr. Bernabé Dorronsoro, Universidad de Cádiz, Spain, bernabe.dorronsoro at uca.es <mailto:bernabe.dorronsoro at uca.es>