Connectionists: PhD and postdoc positions in distributed lifelong learning / RL

Andrea Soltoggio A.Soltoggio at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Apr 7 09:15:44 EDT 2022

Dear All,

I would like to advertise a Ph.D. and a postdoc position in my research group at Loughborough University to work on distributed lifelong learning / reinforcement learning, with a particular focus on neuro-modulatory approaches.

If interested, please email me.

Best regards,

Andrea Soltoggio

Further additional  links to our latest news and papers:
https://www.azorobotics.com/News.aspx?newsID=12518

https://www.nature.com/articles/s42256-022-00452-0.epdf

https://openreview.net/forum?id=BJge3TNKwH

https://arxiv.org/abs/1703.10371

Details.

This new field of AI seeks to create machines that learn during a lifetime similarly to biological brains. This research continues and advances recent progress from the DARPA projects Lifelong Learning Machines (L2M) and Shared Experience Lifelong Learning (ShELL). The researchers will join a growing research group of Ph.D. students and postdocs working in the same area, and have access to the latest computational devices such as Nvidia A100 cards. Collaboration opportunities with world-leading AI laboratories will be encouraged and supported.

Loughborough University

Loughborough University is a top-ten rated university in England for research intensity (REF2014). In choosing Loughborough for your research, you’ll work alongside academics who are leaders in their field. You will benefit from comprehensive support and guidance from our Graduate School, including tailored careers advice, to help you succeed in your research and future career.

--
Dr.  Andrea Soltoggio (he/him or they/them)
Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in Artificial Intelligence

Haslegrave Building, N.2.03
Loughborough University
LE11 3TU, UK

Email: a.soltoggio at lboro.ac.uk<mailto:a.soltoggio at lboro.ac.uk>