Connectionists: Open position at Montefiore Institute - University of Liège - AI and Power Systems Security

Louis Wehenkel L.Wehenkel at uliege.be
Thu Sep 30 08:14:02 EDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

I am looking for highly motivated junior researchers that would be
interested in working with us on the application of modern AI methods to
the security management of the evolving electric power and energy
infrastructure.

We have funding from the Belgian Federal Energy Transition Fund, the
Belgian National Fund for Scientific Research, and we have strong
collaborations with the industry.

The positions are open to electrical engineers with a strong background
in optimization and machine learning, and to computer engineers with a
strong background in electrical engineering and optimization.

The research environment is the Montefiore Institute (see
https://www.montefiore.uliege.be/) which has a long tradition of
world-class research both in Electric Power Systems and in Artificial
Intelligence.

The cultural environment of the Liège area is extremely rich and
renowned for its warm and humanistic welcoming attitude towards all
visitors.

If you are interested, please send me a detailed CV and a personalized
motivation letter, with a deadline of October 31, 2021.

Best regards,

Louis Wehenkel

https://people.montefiore.uliege.be/lwh/