Connectionists: Scientific Integrity, the 2021 Turing Lecture, etc.

Danko Nikolic danko.nikolic at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 04:23:03 EDT 2021

Yes Randall, sadly so. I have seen similar examples in neuroscience and
philosophy of mind. Often, (but not always), you have to be the one who
popularizes the thing to get the credit. Sometimes, you can get away, you
just do the hard conceptual work and others doing for you the (also hard)
marketing work. The best bet is doing both by yourself. Still no guarantee.

Danko