Connectionists: Postdoctoral and PhD Research Positions in Formal Verification [MAYNOOTH UNIVERSITY, IRELAND]

Barak A. Pearlmutter barak at cs.nuim.ie
Wed Oct 27 09:52:58 EDT 2021

We are currently seeking candidates for two positions on a project
which investigates Modular AI Verification and Visualisation (MAIVV):

Post Doctoral research (36 month contract,  Eur 38,632 p.a.)
Deadline for applications: November 5th 2021.

Funded PhD position (2021 - 2025, Eur 102,000 over 4 years)
Deadline for applications: November 19th 2021.

Our overall goal is to provide scalable software development
techniques that guarantee software dependability when deep learning
techniques are employed. The output of this work will be a methodology
which allows us to verify properties of hybrid systems with mixed
discrete and continuous dynamics, and associated software tooling to
integrate this with existing verification frameworks. A case study of
a hybrid cyber-physical system will demonstrate the effectiveness of
our approach.

This project is led by Dr Rosemary Monahan and Professor Barak
Pearlmutter in the Dept. of Computer Science and Hamilton Institute at
Maynooth University, Ireland.