Connectionists: RA in music AI

Dorien Herremans dorien.herremans at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 21:45:50 EDT 2021

Good morning everyone,

Our team at Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) is looking
for an RA or postdoc in music and AI
<https://dorienherremans.com/content/research-assistant-postdoc-jobs-musicaudio-and-ai>.
You will be joining our AMAAI Lab in music/audio/vision AI supervised by
Prof. Dorien Herremans. At our lab, we aim to advance the state-of-the-art
in AI for music and audio. More information on the music/audio team here.
We have multiple research lines going that need your expertise, either in
symbolic music (midi) as well as audio.

Ideal skill set:
- strong knowledge of deep neural networks in PyTorch
- interest in machine learning for midi/audio
- experience in Music Information Retrieval, ideally AI music generation
and or audio transcription
- interest or experience in music generation systems or audio
classification systems
- savvy programmer in PyTorch
- creative problem solver- good academic writing skills
- BA, MA, or PhD in computer science, MIR, neural networks, or related
- possible knowledge of computer visionOngoing projects:
- chord generation to match video
- audio transcription
- maintaining and building our nnAudio library
- building deep multitask audio representations

The ideal candidate has experience working with either music generation,
audio transcription and representation, or a strong background in machine
learning, with familiarity in sound and music computing, and is willing to
work with other PhD students and postdoc in the lab to leverage individual
efforts into a combined system. This is a project sponsored by the Ministry
of Education. We offer a competitive salary, with first contract until end
of June, extendible for 6 months.

For any info, feel free to contact me. Please email your application,
including your CV, any first author publications, and the name/email of a
reference, to dorien_herremans [ad] sutd.edu.sg with subject [application
MOE RA].

*Due to covid visa restrictions we can unfortunately only hire Singaporean
citizens or PRs at the moment. *

Best,

--
Dorien Herremans, PhD
Assistant Professor, ISTD & DAI

Singapore University of Technology and Design
Information Technology and Design Pillar
Office 1.502-18