Connectionists: Faculty Position in Mathematical Biology at the University of Pittsburgh

Chengcheng Huang chengchenghuang11 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 17:39:39 EDT 2021

*The Department of Mathematics at the University of Pittsburgh* invites
applications for *a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant
Professor level in the area of Mathematical Biology (including
computational neuroscience)* to begin in the fall term of 2022, pending
budgetary approval. We seek outstanding candidates with expertise in
developing and applying mathematical methods to address biological
questions, who will complement and enhance our existing strength in this
area. We are dedicated to the mutual success of our faculty and students in
our research and education enterprise. The University of Pittsburgh is an
active center for interdisciplinary research in the life sciences, offering
exciting opportunities for collaborations across departments as well as
with our highly ranked medical school and nearby Carnegie Mellon
University. The University is currently ranked third in the nation in total
NIH funding.

Successful candidates will have a Ph.D. in Mathematics or another
quantitative field and should demonstrate substantial research
accomplishment and dedication to teaching. Review of applications will
begin on *November 15, 2021*, and will continue until the position is
filled. Applicants can apply online at: *https://www.join.pitt.edu/*
<https://www.join.pitt.edu/> (under Faculty Positions, Keyword search for
Mathematical Biology or Mathematics). Candidates should submit (a) a cover
letter, (b) a CV, (c) a statement of research accomplishments and future
plans, (d) a brief description of teaching experience and interests, and
(e) a brief description of how your research, teaching or service
demonstrates a commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applicants should
also have (f) at least three letters of reference emailed to math at pitt.edu
by November 15, 2021. Any questions about the application process can be
directed to Dana Freund at daf125 at pitt.edu.

The Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences is committed to building and
fostering a culturally diverse environment, so the ability to work
effectively with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in support
of a diverse community is essential. The University of Pittsburgh is an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of
opportunity, human dignity, and diversity. EOE, including disability/vets.