Connectionists: Fully funded PhD and postdoc positions in Computational Neurosciences at Maastricht University

Jolivet, Renaud r.jolivet at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Nov 15 11:13:34 EST 2021

Dear Colleagues,

My department has 1 fully-funded postdoc position and multiple PhD positions for Chinese students to apply to via the Chinese Scientific Council:

  1.  I am recruiting a postdoc to work on our European EIC Pathfinder Open grant IN-FET (https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/862882) to develop a new type of brain-machine interface.  I am looking for a postdoc with experience in the computational modelling of neuronal biophysics at the cellular and sub-cellular levels, and an interest in using that knowledge to develop equivalent neural network models.  The IN-FET project aims at developing a new type of interface for neural tissue that works by modulating the extracellular concentrations of key ionic species.  Experience with COMSOL desired but not mandatory.  FTE work based in Maastricht, but with frequent trips to Northern Italy anticipated (Trieste region).  Attractive conditions, position funded for 27 months.  Anticipated start date Jan 2021.
  2.  Our department is looking to attract Chinese students willing to apply with us for PhD positions funded by the Chinese Scientific Council.  Positions are funded for 4 years.  The following projects are available in our department:

     *   https://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/file/2021fsebreueragingmetabolicmodelingdoc
     *   https://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/file/2021fsejolivetmechanismsandroleofaxon-myelinstructuralplasticitydocx
     *   https://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/file/2021fseadriaensthegeneticunderpinningsofhumantinnitusdocx

Another project is available to investigate the metabolic profile of different glial cell types.

If interested, contact me at r.jolivet at maastrichtuniversity.nl<mailto:r.jolivet at maastrichtuniversity.nl> or DM me at twitter.com/RenaudJolivet<http://twitter.com/RenaudJolivet>.

Cheers,
Renaud

—
Prof. Renaud B. Jolivet
Neural Engineering and Computation, Chair
Maastricht University

Organization for Computational Neurosciences, Board of Directors
Initiative for Science in Europe, External Policy Advisor and Board Member
Marie Curie Alumni Association, Vice-Chair of Policy

+41798302129 (mobile)
‭+31433881741 (office)‬
r.jolivet at maastrichtuniversity.nl<mailto:renaud.jolivet at unige.ch>
twitter.com/RenaudJolivet<https://twitter.com/RenaudJolivet>