Connectionists: Scientific Integrity, the 2021 Turing Lecture, etc.

Asim Roy ASIM.ROY at asu.edu
Sun Nov 7 14:01:30 EST 2021

Yoshua,

I am indeed feeling that I can have the cake and eat it too. Accepting the fact that neural activations in the brain have “meaning and interpretation” is a huge step forward for the field. I would conjecture that it opens the door to new theories in cognitive and neuro sciences. You are definitely crossing the red line and that’s great. Can we have references to some of your papers?

By the way, I think I understand what you mean by disentangling. There are probably simpler ways to disentangle and get to Explainable AI. But please send us the references.

Best,
Asim