Connectionists: [meetings] RSS'21 workshop on Robotics for People (R4P)

Amir Aly amir.kalfat at gmail.com
Mon May 31 11:22:40 EDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

We are now accepting submissions to the *Robotics for People: Perspectives
on Interaction, Learning, and Safety* workshop, to be held at the Robotics:
Science and Systems 2021 conference.

This is a full-day workshop that aims to bring together experts from the
Human-Robot Interaction, Machine Learning, and Motion Planning communities
to create a road map for safer, smarter robots.

Our workshop accepts *extended abstracts* (2 pgs excluding references)
and *short/position
papers* (4 pgs excluding references) in IEEE two column format. Papers will
undergo a double-blind peer review process, and accepted papers and posters
will be hosted on our website. We are a non-archival workshop, meaning we
also accept iterations on previous or ongoing work.

The workshop will include keynote talks, a panel debate, a poster session,
and short talks for accepted papers.

Topics for submission include (but are not limited to):

- Decision-making under uncertainty and safety-oriented approaches
- Safety considerations in uncertain, interactive settings
- Safety-critical applications for HRI
- Probabilistic models for robot learning
- Social navigation
- Human-robot collaboration and human behavior modeling
- Multi-agent approaches for human-robot teams
- Calibrating and estimating uncertainty in learned models
- Learning from demonstration
- Human-interactive robot learning
- Cognitive architectures for interactive robots
- HRI datasets, metrics, and benchmarks
- Robot-interpretable human models
- Explainability, transparency, and interpretability

More information is available at our website:
https://sites.google.com/view/r4p2021/

**** Important Dates ****
Paper Submission: June 20th, 2021, anywhere on Earth
Notification of Acceptance: July 1st, 2021, anywhere on Earth
Camera-ready Deadline: July 12th, 2021, anywhere on Earth

**** Confirmed Speakers ****Yiannis Demiris, Imperial College London, UK
Stefanie Tellex, Brown University, USA
Dan Bohus, Microsoft AI Research, USA
Changliu Liu, Carnegie Mellon University, USA

**** Organizing Committee ****

*General Chairs:*
Matthew Gombolay (Georgia Institute of Technology)
Shreyas Kousik (Stanford University)

*Program Chairs:*
Tesca Fitzgerald (Carnegie Mellon University)
Amir Aly (University of Plymouth)

*Invited Speaker Chairs:*
Kim Baraka (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
Filipa Correia (University of Lisbon)

*Social Chairs:*
Andrea Bajcsy (University of California Berkeley)
SiQi Zhou (University of Toronto)
David Fridovich-Keil (Stanford University)
Angela P. Schoellig (University of Toronto)

*Web and Publishing Chairs:*
Nakul Gopalan (Georgia Institute of Technology)
Ransalu Senanayake (Stanford University)

*Dr. Amir Aly*

Lecturer in Computer Science

Centre for Robotics and Neural Systems (CRNS)

School of Engineering, Computing, and Mathematics

Room B332, Portland Square, Drake Circus, Plymouth

PL4 8AA

University of Plymouth, UK