Connectionists: 3/18 Event w DeepMind’s Jane X. Wang: Can Meta-Learning Unlock the Magic of AI?

Abby Hunter-Syed abby at ldv.co
Thu Mar 4 12:39:27 EST 2021

Come join Jane X. Wang, Senior Research Scientist at DeepMind, and Abby
Hunter-Syed, Partner at LDV Capital <http://www.ldv.co>, to breakdown how
and where meta-learning will generate opportunities for business & society.

The free event is taking place online on the 18th of March, kicking off at
11:00am ET.

When we say “join us” we seriously mean it - we want this to be an open
conversation and connection opportunity for women & underrepresented
genders in the visual tech space.

The live interview will be followed by discussion groups and some of the
big questions we look forward to tackling together:

   -

   How should we define meta-learning?
   -

   Is it really that much different than today’s machine learning (ML)?
   -

   Why should we be thinking about it right now?
   -

   How is it going to shape our future?
   -

   Why should we be deploying it for our computer vision & ML applications?
   -

   How can we take it out of academia & into real-world applications?
   -

   What are the biggest business opportunities associated with it?
   -

   Is it going to make AI, “magic”?

In order to make it a powerful, interactive event, we have a limited number
of spots available. Attending is free but you need to apply here and let us
know why you want to be a part of this event & community
<https://www.ldv.co/women-leading-visual-tech-live-with-jane-x-wang-deepmind>
.

--
*Abby Hunter-Syed*