Connectionists: Preprogrammed: Innateness inNeuroscience and AI Symposium, Sept 9th

Mateusz Kostecki mtkostecki at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 11:34:03 EDT 2021

Hello!

We are happy to announce the symposium *Preprogrammed: Innateness in
Neuroscience and AI, *which will be held online, Sept 9th.

The concept of innateness has many meanings – it was many times claimed to
be hazy, not well-defined, and useless. Yet it is still there: used in next
reincarnations of the nature-nurture debate, political and social
discussions, and – most recently – in debates over the future of AI.

With our speakers – philosophers, psychologists, neuroscientists, and AI
researchers – we will try to map different meanings of innateness in
different fields, discuss if those meanings are compatible and what are
implications of it; we will think about how this concept can be used and
what are the limits of its usefulness.

We will conclude our meeting with an online discussion.

*Please find more info & registration form on our webpage* -
https://nenckiopenlab.org/innateness/

Best,

Mateusz Kostecki