Connectionists: Job: Editor with Nature Machine Intelligence (9 month locum position - London, NY, Berlin)

Yann Sweeney yann.sweeney at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 09:35:19 EDT 2021

 Dear all,

Nature Machine Intelligence are looking to recruit a locum editor.  We are
a new Nature Research journal that launched in 2019. It publishes both
fundamental and applied research in a wide range of areas in artificial
intelligence and robotics. The journal incorporates elements of computer
science, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, neuroscience,
cognitive science and psychology.

The journal also publishes news, commentary and perspectives on the impact
of machine intelligence on science and society.

 We are inviting applications from those with a background in any of the
above and related fields. Applicants should have completed a PhD, have a
strong research record, feel driven to continually learn about new fields
and trends and have a keen interest in exploring the wide implications of
research on other scientific areas, industry and society.  We would be
interested in hearing from candidates who can demonstrate strong science
writing skills. Editorial experience is not required, although applicants
with significant editorial experience are encouraged to apply and will
potentially be considered for a Senior Editor position.

The successful candidate will report to the Chief Editor. They will
participate in all aspects of the editorial process, including manuscript
selection, commissioning and editing News and Views, Comments, Perspectives
and Reviews, as well as writing for the journal.
The successful candidate must be dynamic and outgoing, and have excellent
communication and interpersonal skills. A key aspect of the job is liaising
with the research community through laboratory visits and international
conferences, and therefore a willingness to travel is essential.

The position is offered on a full-time basis, for an initial fixed term of
9 months, and will ideally be located in our London, Berlin or New York
office. The starting date is envisaged as soon as possible within the next
few weeks.

Full advert here, apply by 22 June:
https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=33925&company=C0001215517P

Feel free to email with informal inquiries.

All the best,
Yann

Senior Editor
Nature Machine Intelligence