Connectionists: [Journals] 2nd CFP: Special Issue on "Theory of Mind in Humans and in Machines"

Bogdan Ionut Cirstea cirstea.bogdanionut at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 13:37:49 EDT 2021

Dear colleagues,

Apologies for cross-posting.

Together with Prof. Fabio Cuzzolin (Oxford Brookes University, UK), Prof.
Barbara Jacquelyn Sahakian (University of Cambridge, UK) and Dr. Christelle
Langley (University of Cambridge, UK), we are organizing a special issue
(Frontiers Research Topic) on the emerging topic of "Theory of Mind in
Humans and in Machines" under the "Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence"
and "Frontiers in Computational Neuroscience" journals. We would like to
invite you to contribute articles to the Research Topic. For more
information on this special issue, please visit the website at
https://www.frontiersin.org/research-topics/16802/theory-of-mind-in-humans-and-in-machines

Papers may be submitted until the 30th of July 2021 (manuscript submission
extended deadline). Submitted papers should not be under consideration for
publication elsewhere. We also encourage authors to send a short abstract
(via the platform) to ensure compliance with the topic and scope of the
Frontiers journals as early as possible.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, theoretical proposals,
computational experiments, and case studies of:

• Computational Theory of Mind

• Learning from Demonstrations

• Cognitive Models for Learning from Demonstration and Planning

• Neuroscience-inspired models of Theory of Mind

• Human-Robot Interaction

• Cooperative Inverse Reinforcement Learning (assistance games)

• Learning from Preferences

If you intend to send an article to the special issue, please do let us
know by hitting the "Participate" button in the web interface.

If you have any questions or need any kind of assistance from us, please do
not hesitate to let us know.

On behalf of the topic editors,

--

Bogdan-Ionut Cirstea

Topic Editors:

Prof. Fabio Cuzzolin, Oxford Brookes University, UK <
fabio.cuzzolin at brookes.ac.uk>

Prof. Barbara Jacquelyn Sahakian, University of Cambridge, UK <
bjs1001 at cam.ac.uk>

Dr. Bogdan-Ionut Cirstea, Oxford Brookes University, UK <
bcirstea at brookes.ac.uk>

Dr. Christelle Langley, University of Cambridge, UK <cl798 at medschl.cam.ac.uk