Connectionists: Simons Foundation Bridge to Independence (BTI) Award programs

Alyssa Picchini Schaffer apschaffer at simonsfoundation.org
Thu Jan 28 15:50:41 EST 2021

The Simons Foundation is invested in supporting the next generation of
researchers. Our Bridge to Independence (BTI) Award programs promote
talented early-career scientists by facilitating their transition to
research
independence and providing grant funding at the start of their
professorships.

We are offering such awards through two of our programs:
the Simons Collaboration on the Global Brain (SCGB), and the Simons
Foundation Autism Research Initiative (SFARI).

These requests for applications (RFAs) are aimed at Ph.D. and M.D. –
holding scientists who are currently in training positions and intend to
seek tenure-track faculty positions over the next two years (i.e.,
2021-2023). Successful applicants will receive a commitment of $495,000
over three years, activated upon assumption of a tenure-track professorship.

Visit bit.ly/3i3GNeA for more information on both programs.

Alyssa Picchini Schaffer, PhD
Senior Scientist & Administrative Director
Neuroscience Collaborations

*SIMONS FOUNDATION*
160 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10010