Connectionists: Neural Networks Special Issue on Artificial Intelligence and Brain Science: deadline extended to Feb 1st

Kenji Doya doya at oist.jp
Sat Jan 9 00:39:05 EST 2021

Given multiple requests, we are extending the submission deadline for this special issue to Monday February 1st. We welcome your contributions in brain-inspired AI and AI applications to neuroscience and neurotechnology.

********
Building on the big success of the International Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Brain Science (AIBS 2020)
http://www.brain-ai.jp/symposium2020/

we are organizing a Neural Networks Special Issue on Artificial Intelligence and Brain Science:
https://www.journals.elsevier.com/neural-networks/call-for-papers/special-issue-on-artificial-intelligence-and-brain-science

This special issue features perspective articles based on the discussions at AIBS 2020 and aims to capture recent advances in the crossing forefront of AI and neuroscience. We call for submissions of papers aiming at fruitful fusion of AI and brain science.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
	• Brain-inspired Artificial Intelligence
	• Deep Learning
	• Reinforcement Learning
	• World Model Learning and Inference
	• Metacognition and Metalearning
	• AI for Neuroscience
	• Neuromorphic Technologies
	• Social Impact and Ethics of Neuro-AI Technologies

Prospective authors should submit their manuscripts online at https://www.editorialmanager.com/NEUNET/default.aspx
	• Manuscript submission due: February 1, 2021
	• First review completed: April 15, 2021
	• Revised manuscript due: June 15, 2021
	• Final decisions to authors: July 15, 2021

Guest Editors:
	Kenji Doya, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (ncus at oist.jp)
	Karl Friston, University College London
	Masashi Sugiyama, RIKEN AIP and The University of Tokyo IRCN
	Josh Tenenbaum, Massachusetts Institute of Technology

----
Kenji Doya <doya at oist.jp>
Neural Computation Unit, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1 Tancha, Onna, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
Phone: +81-98-966-8594; Fax: +81-98-966-2891
https://groups.oist.jp/ncu