Connectionists: 1st Intl. Symposium on the Science of Data Science (ISSDS 2021)

Schilling Frank-Peter (scik) scik at zhaw.ch
Wed Feb 24 04:30:59 EST 2021

Dear colleagues

It is our great pleasure now to invite you to the first stage of the 1st International Symposium on the Science of Data Science. The meeting will take place as a satellite workshop of the 8th Swiss Conference on Data Science, SDS 2021 (https://www.sds2021.ch/) on June 8, 2021 (either online or physically/hybrid).

This first workshop aims to bring together interested researchers and initiate a discourse around (also preliminary) thoughts and hypotheses. Our focus is on overarching and foundational data science aspects (see the attached flyer for more details). We aim to gain a more unified view, leading to a future second symposium to solicit a more extensive community's participation and include published proceedings.

If you think you could be interested but are not sure yet, you would help us immensely with planning if you could register yourself here as "preliminary interested" (not binding, of course):

https://forms.gle/LkJk1BKRhUJ9uXXJ8

Please feel free to forward this invitation to interested parties!

Looking forward to the discussion with you, with best regards,

Thilo Stadelmann (Prof. AI/ML, Scientific Director ZHAW digital)

Frank-Peter Schilling (Senior Researcher Deep Learning)

Rudolf Fuechslin (Prof., Head of Applied Complex Systems Science)

Dandolo Flumini (Applied Complex System Science)