Connectionists: CfP for NeurIPS 2021 Workshop Bridging the Gap: from Machine Learning Research to Clinical Practice

Vogt Julia julia.vogt at inf.ethz.ch
Tue Aug 10 11:29:47 EDT 2021

We are pleased to announce the NeurIPS 2021 Workshop Bridging the Gap: from Machine Learning Research to Clinical Practice
Call for Papers: https://sites.google.com/g.harvard.edu/research2clinics/call-for-papers
About the workshop:
In this workshop, we aim to bring together ML researchers and clinicians to discuss the challenges and potential solutions on how to enable the use of state-of-the-art ML techniques in the daily clinical practice and ultimately improve healthcare.

We invite submissions describing innovative research focused on bridging the gap between ML research and application in clinical practice. Authors are invited to submit works that fit anywhere within the broad overview of our workshop. To incentivize high-quality submissions of novel work, which should be compelling and highly relevant to research and clinics, we will be awarding Best Paper Awards

We are specifically interested (but are not limited to) the following areas:

  *   Procedures that bring humans-in-the-loop for auditing ML healthcare systems to improve human performance, machine performance, or both.
  *   Methods that are robust to changes in population, distribution shifts, or other types of biases.
  *   Properties of ML methods/systems to be fulfilled to successfully deploy them in the clinic where the feasibility of these properties should also be taken into account.
  *   Analyses of how to assess the failure modes of ML models for healthcare and reduce over-reliance.
  *   Developing methods for improved interpretability of ML predictions in the context of healthcare.
  *   Translational and implementational aspects: challenges and lessons learned from integrating an ML system into clinical workflow.

More information can be found on our website: https://sites.google.com/g.harvard.edu/research2clinics/home

Important dates:
* Submissions Deadline: Sept 17, 2021 11:59 AoE
* Authors Notification: Oct 16, 2021 11:59 AoE

Organizers:
Julia Vogt (ETH Zurich)
Ece Özkan (ETH Zurich)
Sonali Parbhoo (Harvard University)