Connectionists: [Jobs] Computer Vision / Machine Learning Engineer

Mike Woodcock mike at kopernikusauto.com
Thu Sep 17 05:40:10 EDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

Kopernikus is a startup working on autonomous self-driving cars to deploy solutions in constrained environments like factories, working in partnerships with leading global car manufacturers and suppliers. Our system differentiates from others thanks to our big reliance on cameras and low-budget sensors. The scale of our system has grown substantially and the ML team is in charge of dealing with all this new flow of information. We are looking for a bright Computer Vision / Machine Learning engineer to keep improving the product.

Main task:
You will be working with a small team in charge of developing new ideas and approaches to the current camera-based products of the company regarding machine learning and computer vision. The objective of the team is exploring ideas regarding different fields of machine learning and computer vision, such as self-supervised learning, visual SLAM algorithms, camera calibration, curriculum learning, object detection, semantic segmentation, tracking etc. You have the potential to contribute significantly to new views and roads for the company and have a significant impact in the direction of the development of the product.

What we are looking for:

• Experience in computer vision and machine learning areas such as Depth, visual SLAM, 3D reconstruction, object recognition, etc,
• Preferably the ideal candidate has an MSc, MEng, MRes or PhD in computer science or similar fields,
• Strong Python skills,
• Familiarity with software development and ML frameworks (Pytorch, Tensorflow, AWS, Docker, Git, Linux, etc.),
• Knowledge of C++ or CUDA is a plus,
• Ability to understand, discuss and write SOTA research paper,
• Experience deploying production machine learning models is a plus,
• Familiarity with the whole stack of high-level decision making, motion planning, and low-level control is a plus,
• Industrial or academic experience in automotive, robotics or gaming is useful,
• No level of German is required,
• Independent person comfortable working without much supervision,
• Passionate about ML, CV and AVs.

What we offer:

• Competitive compensation.
• Opportunity to join a team working on exciting and challenging problems in hand with big car manufactures.
• The opportunity to contribute significantly to new views and roads for the company and significantly impact in the direction of the development of the product.
• Variety of benefits including learning budgets.

More information

• Contract length: Permanent
• Rate: Negotiable
• Location: Leipzig, Germany (preferred) or Berlin, Germany. We are fully aware of the global situation and we take measures catered to each personal situation regarding remote work.

If you think you are a good fit for the position or if you do not fit the profile above, but you think you have a profile we might be interested in, we encourage you to apply at the email below. We are always looking for people to join our team. We look forward to hearing from you.

Kopernikus Automotive
Mike Woodcock, Principal ML Engineer
jobs+cvml06 at kopernikusauto.com