Connectionists: postdoc and PhD positions in Budapest

Balazs Ujfalussy ujfalussy.balazs at koki.hu
Sat Oct 31 02:35:11 EDT 2020

The newly established Laboratory of Biological Computation (https://biocomplab.wordpress.com/) is looking for highly motivated postdoctoral fellows and PhD students to investigate the role of hippocampus in model based planning and predictions.

The focus of our laboratory is to understand how various biological phenomena (e.g., ion channels, dendritic spikes, synaptic clustering or theta sequences) contribute to the behaviorally relevant computations performed by the hippocampus. To achieve this we develop novel theories connecting hippocampal circuit dynamics to network function, combine biophysical modelling with in vivo-like input patterns and develop new tools for statistical analysis of hippocampal single neuron and populations activity patterns.

The positions with a competitive salary are available from January 1st, 2021, initially for 1 year with the possibility of extension up to 5 years. We offer a stimulating environment in the Institute of Experimental Medicine, Budapest and active collaboration with experimental groups in the institute with the potential to get involved in the design of novel 2P imaging and virtual reality experiments in mice and/or in analysing the data.

The ideal candidate has a strong background in quantitative disciplines (physics, math, computer science) and is competent in programming (e.g. python, matlab, R, C). It is an advantage to have an experience in biophysical modelling or analysis of in vivo population activity data (imaging or electrophysiology).

Please send your CV, publication list, letter of motivation and contact information for at least two references to Balazs Ujfalussy (ujfalussy.balazs at koki.hu). The first evaluation round will begin on November 18th, 2020. The positions will remain open until filled.

With best regards,

Balazs Ujfalussy