Connectionists: INTERNATIONAL NEURAL NETWORK SOCIETY (INNS) - FREE Inaugural Virtual Workshop on Explainable AI on November 6, 2020, Friday, 9 am to 1 pm EST - REGISTRATION IS OPEN NOW

Asim Roy ASIM.ROY at asu.edu
Wed Oct 21 03:48:24 EDT 2020

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that INNS (the International Neural Network Society) is launching a Virtual Technical Event series that will feature workshops, seminars, tutorials, discussions and so on. These technical events will occur throughout the year for a worldwide audience. We welcome proposals on challenging and controversial research topics and ones that provide new insights on biological learning. Through this series of virtual technical events, we would like to serve the growing need for advanced education in a variety of fields that are linked together such as AI, machine learning, neural networks, cognitive science, robotics and so on. Further details on proposal submission are available at https://www.inns.org/virtual-technical-events.

We also welcome proposals from the industry and industry sponsorship of these events.

FREE Inaugural Virtual Workshop on Explainable AI on November 6, 2020, Friday, 9 am to 1 pm EST

This inaugural workshop focuses on Explainable AI (XAI), a topic that is highly important for us to widely deploy our AI/ML systems. We invited five prominent scholars to present their thoughts in this virtual workshop. Further details are provided below including where to register for the event.

WORKSHOP SPEAKERS

  1.  Stephen Grossberg, Wang Professor of Cognitive and Neural Systems, Boston University, http://sites.bu.edu/steveg/
  2.  Juergen Schmidhuber, Scientific Director of IDSIA<http://www.idsia.ch/>,  http://people.idsia.ch/~juergen/
  3.  Jeff Krichmar, Professor of Cognitive Sciences, University of California, Irvine, http://www.socsci.uci.edu/~jkrichma
  4.  Vladimir Cherkassky, Professor of ECE, Univ. of Minnesota, https://ece.umn.edu/directory/cherkassky-vladimir/
  5.  Lee Giles, Professor of Information Sciences, Pennsylvania State University, https://clgiles.ist.psu.edu/

MODERATORS:

Asim Roy, Professor, Arizona State University (https://lifeboat.com/ex/bios.asim.roy)
Daniel Levine, Professor, University of Texas at Arlington (https://www.uta.edu/psychology/people/daniel-levine.php)

FORMAT: Each speaker - 35 minute presentation + 10 mins Q&A

REGISTRATION - https://www.eventbrite.hk/e/explainable-ai-xai-virtual-workshop-registration-122938932657

With regards,
Irwin King
INNS President, FIEEE, FHKIE, DMACM, BoG APNNS & INNS
Chair, Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering  o +(852) 3943-8398
The Chinese University of Hong Kong             f +(852) 2603-5024
Shatin, N.T., Hong Kong      http://www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/irwin.king<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk_irwin.king&d=DwMFaQ&c=l45AxH-kUV29SRQusp9vYR0n1GycN4_2jInuKy6zbqQ&r=d9FCOJpcYDcXPu05rxOEEQFoq0r-F2IaLKJJPc-almk&m=eUgE1_aBcDGN5jLYIo5KXHNieOkP4xdDfYuoMZNDkt4&s=2pA5qdMzEuEcu7ebKHyY_JFJSPCURWEaqU4_jzwFOFQ&e=>

Asim Roy
VP, Industry Relations, INNS
Chair, Committee for Virtual Technical Events, INNS