Connectionists: Call for papers: the 4th Northern Lights Deep Learning Workshop, 18-20 January 2021

Jonas Nordhaug Myhre jonas.n.myhre at uit.no
Wed Oct 7 09:27:39 EDT 2020

*** Apologies for cross-posting ***

Following the success of previous years, we are organizing the 4th Northern Lights Deep Learning Workshop on 18-20 January 2021. Like the past years, it will be an informal workshop on deep learning theory and applications in Tromsø, Norway*. Please see http://www.nldl.org<http://www.nldl.org/> for more information. We are happy to have top international keynote speakers, including

  *   Lars Kai Hansen, Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science – DTU Compute
  *   Laura Leal-Taixe, Dynamic Vision and Learning Group - The Technical University of Münich.
  *   Arthur Gretton, Centre for Computational Statistics and Machine Learning (CSML) at University College London.
  *   Elsa D. Angelini, Imperial Biomedical Research Centre - National Institute of Healthcare Research (UK).
  *   Roland Vollgraf, Zalando Research

This year, we are accepting two alternatives for contributions: (1) Full paper submissions (6 pages) will be presented either as orals or as posters and made published in the conference proceedings after the workshop; (2) Extended abstracts (2 pages) will be presented either as orals or as posters (but not published in the conference proceedings). Deadline for both types of submissions: 9th November 2020. Instructions on template etc. can be found on http://www.nldl.org<http://www.nldl.org/>. Further, we will be holding a mini deep learning school (smaller tutorials). More info will be made available on https://www.nldl.org/program. * Due to the COVID-19 situation, the workshop will be held virtually.  Kind regards,
The NLDL 2021 Organizing committee