Connectionists: PhD positions on recommenders and bandit learning, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland

Doug Leith doug.leith at scss.tcd.ie
Mon Nov 30 08:33:41 EST 2020

We have two fully-funded PhD positions in data analytics for online services in the School of Computer Science & Statistics at Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.   Topics include: design of recommenders and online bandit optimisation for users of online services, analysis of online reviews as an information market and mitigation of barriers to entry and filter bubbles, learning and optimisation in networks of interacting humans and online bots.   These scholarships are available to both EU and international applicants and remain open until filled.   This is a good opportunity to join a friendly group and work on some cool topics, TCD is the leading university in Ireland and we have most of the major IT companies on our doorstep plus Dublin is a fun city (well, it will be again once covid passes).

To apply, submit a detailed CV, transcripts of undergraduate grades and the names and contact details of two referees for letters of recommendation to me at: doug.leith at tcd.ie.

Doug