Connectionists: 2 PhD positions in Robotics & AI @ TU Berlin -- deadline Nov 20

Marc Toussaint toussaint at tu-berlin.de
Tue Nov 10 03:24:42 EST 2020

   *2 PhD-Positions @ TU Berlin, Learning & Intelligent Systems Lab*

               *Application deadline: Nov 20, 2020*

The new Intelligent Systems Department @ TU Berlin, headed by Marc
Toussaint, bridges between research in AI planning, machine learning,
and robotics. In our view, a key in understanding and creating
intelligence is the interplay of learning and reasoning, where
learning becomes the enabler for strongly generalizing reasoning and
acting in our physical world. We are part of the Science of
Intelligence Excellence Cluster, in the context of which we have 2
open PhD positions for the following projects. Please note the tight
application deadline, *Nov 20th*!

*Position 1*

Doctoral researcher
Project: 'Algorithms vs humans: physical problem solving'
Supervisor: Marc Toussaint
Project Co-PIs: Thorsten Pachur, Josh Tenenbaum, Oliver Brock
https://www.scienceofintelligence.de/call-for-applications/open-positions/ref-scioi-c3-30a/
Application procedure:
http://www.scienceofintelligence.de/jobs

*Position 2*

Doctoral researcher
Project: 'Physical manipulation planning with differentiable closed-loop
manipulation primitives'
Supervisor: Marc Toussaint
https://www.scienceofintelligence.de/call-for-applications/open-positions/scioi-c3-39/
Application procedure:
http://www.scienceofintelligence.de/jobs

The application process is lead by the Science of Intelligence
cluster, where all applications are centrally collected and reviewed
by cluster members. Applicants should be highly motivated to join the
Science of Intelligence agenda, bridging between disciplines to better
understand fundamental principles of intelligent systems. You should
be highly skilled in AI & robotics methods, including both
reasoning/planning/optimization and learning methods.

Please contact me if you have any further questions.

Best,
Marc

--
Marc Toussaint