Connectionists: inaugural symposium of the Simons-Emory International Consortium on Motor Control, Friday, June 26 from 10am-1pm EDT

Nemenman, Ilya ilya.nemenman at emory.edu
Mon Jun 22 11:34:39 EDT 2020

Dear Colleagues (with apologies to those who have already received this message via other channels),

We are pleased to announce the inaugural symposium of the Simons-Emory International Consortium on Motor Control (http://www.internationalmotorcontrol.org), which will take place Friday, June 26 from 10am-1pm EDT (see attached). We hope you will join us for this online meeting.

Speakers will deliver 10 minute talks (each followed by 10 minutes of discussion) addressing this question:
"What tools are we missing to understand motor control, and what could we learn if we had them?”

Speakers:
Amy Bastian (Kennedy Krieger Institute)
Rui Costa (Columbia University)
Amy Orsborn (U Washington)
Chethan Pandarinath (Emory University and Georgia Tech)
Abigail Person (U Colorado)
Andrew Pruszynski (Western University)
Flip Sabes (UCSF and Neuralink)
Lena Ting (Emory University and Georgia Tech)
Discussants:
Gordon Berman (Emory University)
Megan Carey (Champalimaud Centre for the Unknown)
Ilya Nemenman (Emory University)
Sam Sober (Emory University)

Registration link:
https://tinyurl.com/emorysimons

The workshop will be streamed at the Emory Theory and Modeling of Living Systems YouTube channel, where you will also be able to ask questions via live chat (Google account required for Q&A):
https://www.youtube.com/c/EmoryTMLS
If last minute changes to streaming are required, a notification will be sent to all registered participants.

Thank you very much, and we look forward to seeing you there,
Samuel Sober
Director, Simons-Emory International Consortium on Motor Control
Gordon Berman
co-Director, Simons-Emory International Consortium on Motor Control
Amanda L Jacob
Operations Manager, Simons-Emory International Consortium on Motor Control

[cid:561AD848-9554-4C30-B558-E0A11CC1A5BA]

prohibited.