Connectionists: [Jobs] Multiple Openings for Research Scientists and Interns at Upload AI LLC

Shell Xu Hu dom343 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 21:04:54 EDT 2020

Multiple Openings for Research Scientists and Interns at Upload AI, LLC,
interested to Upload Neuroscience and Cognitive science knowledge into new
AI.

Deep learning surpasses humans in many tasks but does not generalize well
to new situations like humans do, and lacks interpretability. These flaws
limit the utility of AI systems in interactions with humans. If you are
interested in how to build less artificial, more intelligent and
interpretable algorithms by learning from brains and human behavior and
cognition, join our team! We are hiring at all levels, from interns to
research scientists and engineers. We are looking for enthusiastic machine
learning scientists and engineers with an entrepreneurial startup spirit
with strong backgrounds in math, statistics, and machine learning (no
experience in neuroscience, psychology or cognitive science is necessary).
We aim to create the next generation of AI algorithms that will be more
robust, generalize better, and can cooperate intuitively with humans.

POSITIONS:

We have opportunities to work on several AI projects in the US and Europe
at multiple locations. All team members will interact extensively across
multiple scientific disciplines and multiple sites. Highest-priority topics
include:

* Brain-inspired deep networks for vision and auditory perception with an
emphasis on better generalization and interpretability.

* Meta-learning, continual learning and few-shot learning with applications
in object detection.

* Efficient optimization algorithms for non-convex, non-smooth functions
with applications in active learning.

THE TEAM:

The projects are led by Andreas Tolias, Xaq Pitkow and Jacob Reimer from
Baylor College of Medicine, Matthias Bethge from University of Tübingen and
the European Laboratory for Learning and Intelligent Systems, and Shell Xu
Hu from Upload AI LLC.

APPLYING: The positions provide highly competitive salary and benefits, and
outstanding scientific and career development opportunities. Applicants
should email CV to info at uploadai.com. We look forward to hearing from you!