Connectionists: Neuroinformatics at Nicolaus Copernicus University, 4 postdock positions + assistant prof.

Wlodzislaw Duch wduch at is.umk.pl
Tue Jun 16 13:18:20 EDT 2020

Our research Excellence Center „Dynamics, Mathematical Analysis and
Artificial Intelligence” at the Nicolaus Copernicus University in Toruń,
Poland, has 4 open postdock positions for young researchers (not more
than 5 years after PhD), who during the last 3 years did not stay in
Poland for a period longer than 6 months, and whose research profile is
compatible with the profile of our Center. Candidates representing at
least one of the following areas are encouraged to apply:

·        neuroinformatics - neuroimaging and/or network neuroscience
and/or AI/ML in application to neuroscience,
·        dynamics and/or differential equations and/or
analytic/algebraic number theory,
·        concurrency theory and/or data mining,
·        evolution of open quantum systems and/or quantum entanglement.

Please see the description of the groups in our Center here:
https://damsi.umk.pl/en/

Additional position for research assistant professor is announced here:
https://damsi.umk.pl/en/?id=18424

Salary: 15 000 PLN (gross) for the first month and 10 000 PLN (gross)
for each following month (highly competitive, comparing to the cost of
living in Poland).  The starting date is 1.10.2020 but can be
reconsidered due to the COVID-19 pandemic. All positions are initially
up to one year but we have funding for additional 5 years.

Documents including:
CV, list of publications, recommendation letter(s), and motivation letter
should be submitted to damsi at umk.pl  by 15.07.2020.

Prof. Włodzisław Duch
Fellow, International Neural Network Society
Past President, European Neural Network Society
Head, Neurocognitive Laboratory, CMIT NCU, Poland
Google: Wlodzislaw Duch