Connectionists: PhD position in machine learning and computational neuroscience at the University of Vienna

Moritz Grosse-Wentrup moritz.grosse-wentrup at univie.ac.at
Mon Jun 15 06:17:56 EDT 2020

Dear all,

We have an open doctoral position at the intersection of machine
learning and computational neuroscience as part of the Zebrafish
Neuroscience Interdisciplinary Training Hub (https://zenith-etn.com/).
The goal of the Ph.D. project is to develop multi-level causal models
that relate neuronal activity patterns (as measured by Calcium imaging)
in Zebrafish larvae to behavior. To get a better idea of how we approach
this problem, please take a look at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-U50EO77cU

The position is based in the Research Group Neuroinformatics at the
Faculty of Computer Science of the University of Vienna
(https://ni.cs.univie.ac.at/). All work will be done in close
collaboration with other European groups in the ZENITH consortium, e.g.,
in London and Paris. Depending on how the ongoing pandemic develops,
extended stays at collaborating research labs are intended. Salary is
according to the Collective Bargaining Agreement for university staff
(job group B1 75%,
https://personalwesen.univie.ac.at/en/jobs-recruiting/job-center/salary-scheme/).

We welcome applications from anybody with a Master's degree and an
interest in machine learning and computational neuroscience. We
particularly welcome applications by women, trans- and intersex
candidates, people of colour, disabled applicants and candidates from
other underrepresented groups. Disabled applicants will receive
preference over equally qualified non-disabled applicants. We will start
screening applications on July 1st, though the position will remain open
until filled. We would like to fill the post as soon as possible, but a
later starting date can be negotiated.

Your application should include a brief cover letter, a CV, transcripts,
and contact information of at least two referees. Please submit your
application documents (as one PDF file) to
fsg.neuroinformatics at univie.ac.at.

If you have any questions before applying, please contact me at
moritz.grosse-wentrup at univie.ac.at.

Best,
Moritz

--
Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Moritz Grosse-Wentrup
Research Group Neuroinformatics
Faculty of Computer Science
University of Vienna
Hörlgasse 6, A-1090 Wien, Austria