Connectionists: Post doc in Statistical mechanics of neuronal networks

Rune Berg rune2earth at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 09:01:58 EDT 2020

Post doc project in Statistical mechanics of neuronal networks behind motor control.
In the laboratory of Rune W. Berg, University of Copenhagen, Denmark: www.berg-lab.net <http://berg-lab.net/>

Applicant Requirements: This is for cross-Disciplinary Fellowships (CDF) where applicants with a Ph.D. come from outside the neurosciences (e.g. in physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering or computer sciences) looking to go into neuroscience. The post doc position is unfunded but together we will apply with the Human frontiers science program with Deadline August 27th, 2020:

https://www.hfsp.org/funding/hfsp-funding/postdoctoral-fellowships <https://www.hfsp.org/funding/hfsp-funding/postdoctoral-fellowships>

Project details: Statistical mechanics of neuronal networks involved in generation of movements. Here, we will perform experimental and theoretic investigations on how large networks of neurons in brain and spinal cord of rodents generate movements, primarily locomotion. The project involves multi-electrode array recordings from neurons, of awake behaving animals, and the associated data analysis. Further, the project involves incorporation of a new neural theory behind generation of movements and the cultivation of this theory. There will also be data analysis and spike sorting.

If you are interested in joining this project and our team as a post doc, please contact us at pgj142 at ku.dk

Deadline for contact us is July 1st, 2020

Best,

Rune
----------------------------
Rune W. Berg, PhD, Associate Professor