Connectionists: Postdoctoral position in the Neuromodulation and Neuroprosthetics team

Fabien Wagner fabien.wagner at u-bordeaux.fr
Mon Jun 1 09:56:44 EDT 2020

Postdoctoral position in the Neuromodulation and Neuroprosthetics team, led by Dr. Fabien Wagner, at the Institute of Neurodegenerative Diseases, University of Bordeaux, France

Our team develops new neuromodulation paradigms and neuroprosthetic systems for repairing or replacing circuit-level functions that get disrupted after neurological disorders or injury. Our research combines techniques from Neuroscience and Neuroengineering , in particular in vivo electrophysiology, signal processing, machine learning and control engineering. We are specifically interested in expanding neuroprosthetic systems from motor to cognitive disorders. In particular, we aim at developing a large-scale brain network neuroprosthesis to restore memory after brain injury or neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease.

To strengthen our team, we are looking to hire a motivated postdoctoral researcher, who will be expected to work on multielectrode recordings and electrical stimulation of large-scale memory networks in non-human primates performing cognitive tasks. The ideal candidate should have expertise in non-human primate electrophysiology, neurostimulation, memory disorders, brain-machine interfaces, or neuroprosthetics. This highly interdisciplinary project requires both experimental and analytical skills, and will be conducted in collaboration with other team members. The position is currently funded for a duration of 3 years. Interested applicants should send their CV to the principal investigator at : [ mailto:fabien.wagner at u-bordeaux.fr | fabien.wagner at u-bordeaux.fr ] .

---
Fabien Wagner, Ph.D.
Team leader: Neuromodulation and Neuroprosthetics
Institut des Maladies Neurodégénératives - CNRS UMR 5293
Université de Bordeaux
Centre Broca Nouvelle-Aquitaine - 3ème étage
146 rue Léo Saignat - CS 61292 - Case 28
33076 Bordeaux cedex
[ http://www.imn-bordeaux.org/en/teams/neuromodulation-and-neuroprosthetics/ | www.imn-bordeaux.org/en/teams/neuromodulation-and-neuroprosthetics/ ]
[ http://www.bordeaux-neurocampus.fr/en/staff/fabien-wagner/ | www.bordeaux-neurocampus.fr/en/staff/fabien-wagner/ ]