Connectionists: Workshop @ IEEE ISMAR: Workshop on Combining Mixed Reality and Brain-Computer Interfaces: Challenges and Opportunities (MR&BCI)

Felix Putze felix.putze at uni-bremen.de
Fri Jul 24 17:34:09 EDT 2020

In the context of Mixed Reality (MR), a neural user interface (or
Brain-Computer Interfaces, BCI) can either be used as an explicit input
modality (e.g. for entry of text or commands) or as an implicit channel
to proactively adapt the 3D user interface, reducing the need for manual
adjustments by the user or by the designer. Beyond real-time
applications, neural and physiological data can also be used for
evaluation purposes to test and improve MR interfaces and interaction
paradigms, giving continuous data for important aspects of user
experience which can be hard to assess otherwise, such as presence,
workload, or attention. The topic of bringing MR technologies together
with neural and physiological data is gaining more and more interest in
the field as the necessary technical components are becoming more mature
and widespread.

In this workshop, at the (virtual) IEEE ISMAR 2020 conference, we will
feature presentations of original research, work-in-progress, tools and
data sets, as well as challenge and perspective papers on the
combination of neural and/or physiological interfaces with MR
technologies and applications. Given the restrictions on research
involving participants during the COVID-19 pandemic, we also encourage
interested participants to submit synthesizing works (e.g., reviews and
meta-analyses) or planned and formally preregistered studies of relevance.

Organizers:
Felix Putze, University of Bremen
Hakim Si-Mohammed, University of Lille
Anatole Lécuyer, Inria Rennes
Lisa-Marie Vortmann, University of Bremen

See also our workshop website to keep up to date about news regarding
the submission process, announcement of keynote speakers, the workshop
program and other important information:
https://www.uni-bremen.de/csl/ismar-mr-bci-workshop-2020

Submission deadline: August 21th, 2020
Notification of acceptance: September 11th, 2020
Camera-ready manuscript due: September 21st, 2020
Workshop date: November 9th or 13th, 2020

--
Dr.-Ing. Felix Putze (he/him/his)
E-Mail: felix.putze at uni-bremen.de
Phone: +49 421 218 64272