Connectionists: Reminder: Fifth Groningen Spring School on Cognitive Modeling (March 30 to April 3, 2020)

Velde, van der, M.A. m.a.van.der.velde at rug.nl
Wed Jan 22 09:58:08 EST 2020

*Fifth Groningen Spring School on Cognitive Modeling *
*– ACT-R, Nengo, PRIMs, Error-driven learning & dynamical systems –*

Date: *March 30 to April 3, 2020 *
Location: *Groningen, the Netherlands*
Fee: € 250 (late fee after February 15 will be € 300)
More information and registration: *www.cognitive-modeling.com/springschool
<http://www.cognitive-modeling.com/springschool>*

We would like to remind you of the 5th annual Groningen Spring School on
Cognitive Modeling.

As last year, the Spring School will offer courses on the ACT-R, Nengo, and
PRIMs paradigms, as well as a course on error-driven learning. These
courses consist of daily lectures, as well as hands-on tutorials that will
give you practical experience with the topic.

As a special feature for our 5th anniversary this year, we are offering a
lecture series on dynamical systems. This lecture series should be
interesting for anyone looking into modeling cognitive dynamics. It can be
combined with each of the 4 courses mentioned above, but we especially
recommend it in combination with Nengo for everyone interested in
neuromorphic computing.

The first day of the Spring School will provide an introduction to all five
topics. From day two, spring school students will be asked to commit to one
topic, for which they will attend lectures as well as hands-on tutorials.
In addition, students can sign up for a second topic, for which they will
attend lectures only. All students are invited to join a series of plenary
research talks on the different paradigms.

*The early registration deadline ends on February 15, so make sure to sign
up before then.*

Please let us know if you have any questions or check the website for more
information: www.cognitive-modeling.com/springschool.

Please feel free to forward the information to anyone who might be
interested in the Spring School.

We are looking forward to having you here in Groningen!

The Spring School team
______

ACT-R
Jelmer Borst, Maarten van der Velde, Stephen Jones, & Katja Mehlhorn
(University of Groningen)

Nengo
Terry Stewart (University of Waterloo)

PRIMs
Niels Taatgen (University of Groningen)

Error-driven learning
Jacolien van Rij and Dorothée Hoppe (University of Groningen)

Dynamical Systems
Herbert Jaeger (University of Groningen)