Connectionists: Call for papers: ICLR2020 Causal learning for decision making workshop

Rosemary Ke rosemary.nan.ke at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 18:53:21 EST 2020

Hi,

*I’d like to share the call for papers for our ICLR 2020 Workshop on Causal
learning for decision making (CLDM at ICLR). It’s a workshop on *learning
abstract representations of causal models for decision making*. Openreview
link:  *https://openreview.net/group?id=ICLR.cc/2020/Workshop/CLDM
* Workshop website: *
https://sites.google.com/view/causal-learning-icrl2020/home

*TLDR:*

We are interested in submissions that deal with learning causal models with
reinforcement learning (sequential decision making) and using causal models
for better decision making (planning), as well as real-world applications.
We are also interested in learning abstract representations of causal
models for decision making.

We welcome submissions related to the following topics:

   - Causal induction using reinforcement learning
   - Planning with causal models
   - Learning abstract representations for causal learning
   - Applications for using causal models in decision-making in real-world
   settings, for example in relation to fairness, transparency, and safety

We will accept both short paper (4 pages) and long paper (8 pages)
submissions (not including references). Submissions should be in the
ICLR2020 format. A few papers may be selected as oral presentations, and
the other accepted papers will be presented in a poster session. There will
be no proceedings for this workshop, however, upon the author’s request,
accepted contributions will be made available in the workshop website.
Submission are double-blind, peer-reviewed on OpenReview (
https://openreview.net/group?id=ICLR.cc/2020/Workshop/CLDM), and open to
already published work.

*Paper Submission Deadline: Feburary 10th*

*Website*: https://sites.google.com/view/causal-learning-icrl2020/home

Best,

ICLR 2020 CLDM workshop organizers