Connectionists: 2nd CFP: RSS 2020, paper submission deadline January 31

Marc Toussaint marc.toussaint at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jan 9 09:06:31 EST 2020

Dear all,

we updated the paper submission deadline to *January 31st*.

                        *CALL FOR PAPERS*
               Robotics: Science and Systems 2020
                https://roboticsconference.org/

    Oregon State University at Corvallis, July 12-17, 2020

We cordially invite you to submit your work to the 2020 Robotics:
Science and Systems Conference, which will bring together researchers
working on all aspects of robotics including scientific foundations,
applications, and analysis of robotic systems. The paper submission
deadline is on *January 31st, 2020*. The workshop submission deadline is
on February 6th, 2020.

The conference will be single-track, and the final program will be the
result of a thorough review process to give attendees an opportunity to
see the most exciting research in all areas of robotics. Submissions
will be evaluated in terms of their novelty, technical quality,
significance, potential impact, and clarity. The program will include
invited talks as well as oral and poster presentations of accepted
papers. The three-day main session will be preceded by two days of
workshops.

Highlights of R:SS 2020:

* We put together a great set of Area Chairs that cover all areas of
robotics. With this we are actively seeking papers broadly in all areas,
including method oriented as well as application oriented research,
mechatronics and system design, field robotics, HRI, etc. At submission,
authors will be able to vote for ACs that they believe can best handle
their paper during submission. See https://roboticsconference.org/ for
the list of ACs.

* The review process will explore a new rebuttal format, with author
rebuttals being directed to the ACs directly. Anonymous reviews will be
made public together with accepted papers.

* We will have a Best Paper Award, Best Systems Paper Award, Best
Student Paper Award, and for the first time a Test of Time Award. The
Best Systems Paper Award is dedicated to papers that pioneer novel
robotic systems (e.g. hardware or mechatronics) or novel behaviors on a
robotic system that are beyond what has been seen before.

* The program will include single track oral and poster presentations of
all accepted papers, as well as invited talks. The three‐day main
conference will be preceded by two days of workshops.

* Selected papers will be invited for submission to special issues of
the International Journal of Robotics Research and Autonomous Robots,
and for expedited review as regular submissions to the IEEE Transactions
on Robotics.

Important Dates:
Paper Submission Deadline: January 31st, 2020
Workshop Submission Deadline: February 6th, 2020
Workshop Acceptance Notification: March 6th, 2020
Paper Acceptance Notification: April 16th, 2020
Workshops: July 12th - 13th, 2020
Main Conference: July 14th - 16th, 2020

Submission information will be available soon at:
https://roboticsconference.org/information/authorinfo

Finally, we want to also mention the opportunity to submit contributions
to RSS workshops. Please stay alert to the list of accepted workshops,
which will be published at around March 6.

Best,
Marc Toussaint (Program Chair)
& Jun Morimoto (Publicity Chair)