Connectionists: Postdoc (3 yrs) in neural dynamics underlying changes in movement

Mark Humphries Mark.Humphries at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Jan 6 06:39:10 EST 2020

 A 3 year postdoc post is available in the lab of Prof Mark Humphries, at the University of Nottingham (UK) - closing date Jan 10th

In this project, our aim is to test the overarching hypothesis that movement transitions are encoded by the same neural population reconfiguring its joint activity, for both rhythmic and discrete movements. We will tackle this question by developing new computational algorithms for dynamic systems, and applying them to newly-available population recordings during rhythmic movement transitions in Aplysia and discrete arm movement transitions in monkeys,

The Humphries’ group researches fundamental insights into how the joint activity of neurons encodes information about and actions in the world. For more see: https://www.humphries-lab.org

Queries: mark.humphries at nottingham.ac.uk

Deadline: 10th January 2020

Full details, and to apply: