Connectionists: Open PhD and PostDoc positions in Spiking Neural Network Learning

Robert Legenstein robert.legenstein at igi.tugraz.at
Sun Jan 5 13:26:16 EST 2020

The Lab of Robert Legenstein at TU Graz is offering funded PhD and
PostDoc positions in the area Deep Learning in Spiking Neural Networks
for Neuromorphic and Memristive Hardware. A background in Deep Learning,
Computer Science, or Mathematics is desirable, as well as evidence for
excellent prior performance as a student.

Successful candidates will work on learning algorithms for spiking
neural networks in the interdisciplinary consortium of one of two projects:

a) SYNCH (EU): We collaborate with Hardware experts who will implement
the developed algorithms in cooperation with our team in a spiking
neural network chip. The chip will be applied to various tasks within a
brain-silicon hybrid system such as the classification of recorded brain
network states.
(see https://synch.eucoord2020.com/ for a description)

b) SMALL (Chist-Era)
We will develop learning algorithms for spiking neural networks and
collaborate with experts for neuromorphic and memristive hardware with
the goal to implement proof-of-concept ultra-low-power machine learning
solutions.
(see
https://www.tugraz.at/institute/igi/people/prof-legenstein/projects/ for
a brief description).

Please send your application including a CV, any prior thesis and/or
work by 31. Jan 2020 to

robert.legenstein at igi.tugraz.at

Dr. Robert Legenstein
Institute Head
Institute of Theoretical Computer Science
Graz University of Technology
Inffeldgasse 16b/I, 8010 Graz, Austria

http://www.igi.tugraz.at/legi/
Follow @CompLegenstein on Twitter.