Connectionists: [CFP] Call for Abstracts: Symposium on Advances in Neural Modelling of Multisensory Integration at the 20th International Multisensory Research Forum (IMRF) in Ulm, Germany, June 22-25, 2020

Danish Shaikh danish at mmmi.sdu.dk
Fri Jan 3 13:27:23 EST 2020

Dear colleagues,

Happy New Year to you all!

I am planning to organise a symposium on "Advances in Neural Modelling of Multisensory Integration" at the 20th International Multisensory Research Forum (https://cops.ifp.uni-ulm.de/imrf2020/index.php) hosted by Ulm University in Germany, June 22-25, 2020.

The goal of this symposium to bring together researchers working on neural models of multisensory integration (MSI) via mathematical/computational/machine learning/AI approaches to present their work and to discuss promising future directions and applications.

In this regard, I would like to request potential contributors to contact me at danish at mmmi.sdu.dk<mailto:danish at mmmi.sdu.dk> with a title and abstract (max. 250 words), latest by 19 January 2020. The symposium will allow for the presentation of abstracts as a 15-minute oral presentation with additional time for Q&A.

Potential topics for abstract submissions to the symposium include (but are not limited to):

  *   Mathematical/computational/machine learning/connectionist/AI approaches to modelling MSI

  *   Single-neuron and/or network models of neural mechanisms underlying multisensory binding, cue combination, multisensory effects and developmental MSI

  *   Neural plasticity, learning and memory models for MSI

  *   Applications of MSI models

IMPORTANT DATES:
Title and abstract submission deadline: 19 January 2020 (Anywhere on Earth time - https://time.is/Anywhere_on_Earth)

Notification of acceptance: TBA

IMRF 2020 conference dates: 22-25 June 2020

IMRF 2020 VENUE:
"Donauhalle" next to the Danube river in beautiful Ulm, Germany

SYMPOSIUM ORGANISERS:
Danish Shaikh, University of Southern Denmark (danish at mmmi.sdu.dk<mailto:danish at mmmi.sdu.dk>)

Best regards

Danish Shaikh

Assistant Professor

SDU Bioinspired Robotics, The Maersk Mc-Kinney Moller Institute

+45 65 50 95 26 <tel:+4565509526>

danish at mmmi.sdu.dk <mailto:danish at mmmi.sdu.dk>

University of Southern Denmark

Campusvej 55