Connectionists: Announcing the 2nd Brain-Computer Interface Un-Conference (2nd BCI-UC)

Moritz Grosse-Wentrup moritz.grosse-wentrup at univie.ac.at
Wed Dec 23 08:42:10 EST 2020

We cordially invite you to the 2nd BCI Un-Conference (BCI-UC) on
February 10 and 11, 2021, from 03:00 pm to 08:00 pm (CET)!

https://bciunconference.univie.ac.at/2nd-bci-uc/

The BCI-UC is an online un-conference that provides rapid dissemination
of novel research results in the BCI community. The BCI-UC does not
publish conference proceedings. As such, submitted abstracts can report
novel as well as already published work. The BCI-UC does not have a
program committee that reviews submitted abstracts. Instead, all
registered participants can vote which of the submitted abstracts they
would like to see presented at the un-conference. Registration and
attendance are free-of-charge. The second BCI-UC will feature keynotes
by Marco Congedo [3] on Riemannian transfer learning and by Camille
Jeunet on user-centered BCI design [4]. All presentations of the first
BCI-UC, which >300 participants attended, can be re-watched at [2].

Registration and abstract submission are open as of today [1]. Voting on
submitted abstracts begins on January 13th. Abstract submission remains
open until January 25th, 11:59 pm (CET). The voting phase ends on
January 27th, 11:59 pm (CET). We will invite the authors of the
top-voted abstracts to present their work at the un-conference.

For the 2nd BCI-UC, we solicit two types of submissions:

* _Presentations_ are applications for 20 minutes slots by a single
presenter.

* _Mini-symposia_ are applications for 60 minutes slots by multiple
presenters on a coherent topic, possibly including a panel discussion.

Submissions are text-only. The length and format of the submissions are
up to the authors -- use whatever format you consider best for
attracting up-votes! Voting procedures will not distinguish between the
two submission types, i.e., the community decides on the fraction of
presentations vs. mini-symposia.

Join us in supporting this novel community-driven dissemination of
research results!

The BCI-UC committee:
Moritz Grosse-Wentrup
Anja Meunier
Philipp Raggam
Jiachen Xu

Links:
1. https://bciunconference.univie.ac.at/register-vote/
2. https://bciunconference.univie.ac.at/1st-bci-uc/
3. https://sites.google.com/site/marcocongedo
4. https://camillejeunet.wordpress.com/

--
Univ.-Prof. Dr.-Ing. Moritz Grosse-Wentrup
Research Group Neuroinformatics
moritz.grosse-wentrup at univie.ac.at
+43-1-4277-79610
http://neural.engineering/