Connectionists: MSc/ PhD/Postdoc Positions in Computational Neuroscience at Western University

Boyu Wang borriewang at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 19:17:26 EST 2020

Western University has recently made major investments in building
excellence in cognitive and computational neuroscience. The Computational
Brain Sciences Research Group <https://www.uwo.ca/bmi/cbs/index.html> at
the Brain and Mind Institute has become a major hub of excellence in this
area, bringing together an interdisciplinary and highly collaborative team
of researchers, spanning Neuroscience, Computer Science, Artificial
Intelligence, Statistics and Mathematics, who seek to uncover how the brain
solves the computational problems that ultimately give rise to intelligent
behavior. Our group is tightly embedded into the strong and vibrant
research community in basic and clinical neuroscience at Western.

=======================

MSc/ PhD Positions:

We are looking for exceptionally talented and motivated MSc / PhD students
for the fall 2021 intake. Through BrainsCAN funding, we offer a
competitive graduate
scholarship program
<https://brainscan.uwo.ca/research/cores/computational_core/postdoctoral_and_graduate_fellowship_program.html>
in computational neuroscience. Interested applicants should contact one or
more principal investigators at Western University whose combined expertise
covers the spectrum of computation and neuroscience, and who can serve as
co-advisors on the proposed research project. Projects that contribute to
increasing diversity in neuroscience at Western University are encouraged.
Core members of our research group can be found here
<https://www.uwo.ca/bmi/cbs/about_us/core_labs.html>.

Please send a single PDF file entitled <LastName>_<FirstName>.pdf to the
principal investigator(s) you hope to work with, containing:

·         a CV

·         a short Research Statement (maximal 2 pages) outlining your
research interest and how it fits with ongoing work in the lab

·         the name and contact information of 2 academic references

·         please state clearly, which graduate program (Neuroscience,
Computer Science, Statistics, or Applied Mathematics, or other) you are
applying for.

Individual PIs will begin the review of applications on December, 18th.
Deadline for the graduate scholarship is January 4th.

=====================

Postdoctoral Fellowship Program: Special Call

We also offer a special BrainsCAN Postdoctoral Fellowship which aims to
attract the world’s most promising and diverse early-career neuroscientists
who self-identify as Black, Indigenous, LGBTQ2S+, people with a disability,
and women. More details can be found here
<https://brainscan.uwo.ca/programs/pdf_special_call/index.html>.

Deadline for the postdoctoral   scholarship is January 11th.

best,

Boyu Wang

Assistant Professor

Department of Computer Science & Brain and Mind Institute

University of Western Ontario