Connectionists: Webinar Invitation: Running an Online Conference: Best Practices from Organising LAK20

Vitomir Kovanovic Vitomir.Kovanovic at unisa.edu.au
Wed Apr 22 10:53:34 EDT 2020

[apologies for multiple copies]

Hi all,

It is my pleasure to invite you to SoLAR Webinar "Running an Online Conference: Insights from LAK20" presented by Dr Vitomir Kovanovic<http://people.unisa.edu.au/Vitomir.Kovanovic> from the University of South Australia, Australia, and Dr Maren Scheffel<https://research.ou.nl/en/persons/maren-scheffel-2> from the Open Universiteit, The Netherlands.

To register, go to https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/running-an-online-conference-insights-from-lak20-registration-103140377646

Time and date: Mon April 27, 2020, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern US time (5:00 PM - 6:00 PM London, UK time)
Location: Zoom (meeting URL provided in the registration email)

We are looking forward to seeing you at the webinar!

Kind regards,
Vitomir

Running an Online Conference: Best Practices from Organising LAK20

Besides a major shift towards online learning and teaching, the recent COVID-19 pandemic also had a massive impact on the organisation of academic conferences. Most events got cancelled, postponed, and few brave ones moved to cyberspace.

As Program Co-chairs for The Tenth International Conference on Learning Analytics & Knowledge (LAK20)<http://lak20.solaresearch.org/>, we were faced with the significant challenge of adjusting the whole conference program to online mode in less than two weeks. The conference was a huge success, and we wanted to share some of our experience and some guidance on how to transfer your conference to an online format. We will cover issues around conference program and technical aspects of conference organisation, including website and live stream setup. We hope that this information will be useful for conference organisers who are in a similar situation as we were.