Connectionists: Postdoctoral Position in Network Analytics and Machine Learning at Stanford University

Rok Sosic rok at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 16 02:13:07 EDT 2020

Prof. Jure Leskovec is inviting applications for a research position of
Postdoctoral Scholar in the SNAP Group, see http://snap.stanford.edu/. The group
is one of the leading centers for applied machine learning on networks. Our
research focuses on modeling complex, richly labeled graphs and networks at all
scales for large complex interconnected systems from information, biomedical,
and social domains. Examples of potential projects include: deep learning for
networks, AI for health, tools for large-scale dynamic time-series, and machine
learning for public policy problems.

We are seeking highly motivated postdoctoral researchers with background in
computer science and machine learning to join our group in a quest to perform
breakthrough research on approaches that advance network science, including
mathematical methods, algorithms, and systems. An ideal candidate has strong
research skills in relevant areas: learning on graphs, large-scale network
embeddings, deep learning, causal inference. A Ph.D. degree or equivalent is
required. Strong programming skills are a plus.

Please apply at: http://snap.stanford.edu/apply/index-postdoc.php

The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the
position is filled.

Stanford, one of the world's top universities, is located on a beautiful campus
in the San Francisco Bay Area. Stanford has long been a magnet for talent in
computing, and is considered the birthplace and spiritual center of Silicon
Valley, an unparalleled center of technological and scientific innovation.

Stanford University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer,
committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce. It welcomes applications
from women, members of minority groups, veterans, persons with disabilities, and
others who would bring additional dimensions to the university's research and
teaching mission.