Connectionists: [jobs] Assoc. Prof. in Machine Learning (permanent) in Robotics and Intelligent Systems, Univ. of Oslo, Norway

Jim Tørresen jimtoer at ifi.uio.no
Fri Sep 6 09:12:45 EDT 2019

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this call. Please, feel free to distribute it to potential candidates who might be interested.]
Associate Professor in Machine Learning – two permanent positions
in Department of Informatics, University of Oslo, Norway

The position(s) can be affiliated to the Robotics and Intelligent Systems (ROBIN) group at the University of Oslo, Norway (http://www.mn.uio.no/ifi/english/research/groups/robin ).
The department seeks potential scientific leaders with clear research visions, educational and administrative skills and abilities to establish and lead research projects, who will strengthen our research and education. We expect candidates to show a strong record of conducting research in machine learning, in terms of both research experience and teaching qualifications. Candidates with a background in machine learning related to embedded systems (both custom built and smartphones) and robotics (commercial and custom built with 3D-printing and milling machines) are encouraged to apply and propose to be affiliated with the ROBIN research group. We work with a set of different methods within machine learning and artificial intelligence, including deep learning, evolutionary algorithms, evolutionary robotics, swarm intelligence and more. Please see our web page for more information about our projects and research.

Qualifications: Applicants must have a PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in computer science including machine learning/artificial intelligence. Thus, applicants should have a strong background in programming and machine learning/artificial intelligence. A strong record of publications relevant to the area is required. Candidates must have international publications in acknowledged publication channels. In the assessment of publications, originality, quality and scope will be emphasized. Candidates must have teaching experience in machine learning and have a commitment to engage in undergraduate and graduate education and in mentoring and advising master and doctoral students. See the full announcement for more requirements.

Pay grade (depending on qualifications and seniority):
NOK 640 200 – 741 300 per year, approx.: €65,300 − 75,600 / $73,500 − 85,200

Full announcement: https://tinyurl.com/yyop7ebj
Closing date for applications: 30th September, 2019
Applications are to be submitted through a web page and NOT by e-mail.
Contact for more information:  Prof. Jim Torresen
E-mail:  jimtoer at ifi.uio.no<mailto:jimtoer at ifi.uio.no>