Connectionists: Multiple Postdoc positions in Neuroscience, Computational neuroscience or Optical physics applied to Zebrafish at the University of Queensland, Australia

Gilles Vanwalleghem snooles at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 21:06:28 EST 2019

 The Scott Lab at the Queensland Brain Institute within the University of
Queensland, Brisbane, Australia is looking for multiple postdocs.

The Laboratory for Neural Circuits and Behaviour (led by Assoc. Prof. Ethan
Scott) uses a very broad experimental platform, ranging from optical
physics to mathematics, to discover and describe brain function and
behaviour. This work hinges on brain-wide cellular-resolution calcium
imaging in the zebrafish model system, complemented by anatomical
descriptions, targeted optogenetic manipulations, mathematical modelling,
and behavioural analysis. Our goals are both basic (the elucidation of
sensory pathways) and translational (the circuit-level modelling of autism
endophenotypes), and we welcome new members with either focus. This work is
challenging and rewarding, and best suited to researchers who value broad,
interdisciplinary approaches to big questions in neuroscience. Culturally,
our lab values diversity in all of its forms, and cultivates a mutually
supportive and collaborative atmosphere

The primary purpose of this opportunity will be to design, conduct and
analyse experiments and research to understand functional neural circuitry
in the zebrafish model system. Optical physicists, neuroscientists, and
mathematicians welcome!

A PhD in engineering, physics, neuroscience, mathematics, or relevant
related fields is essential to the role. A strong track record in optical
physics/engineering, neuroscience, calcium imaging, image analysis or the
mathematical modelling of complex systems will be integral to success in
the position.

These positions are for three years with possibility of extensions
Questions can be adressed to Assoc. Prof. Ethan Scott (ethan.scott at uq.edu.au).
Applications should be done through :
http://search.jobs.uq.edu.au/caw/en/job/508927/postdoctoral-research-fellow

Kind regards,