Connectionists: Developing advanced nanotechnology for neuroscience: 2 postdoc positions available

Michele Giugliano michele.giugliano at sissa.it
Wed Nov 20 12:26:12 EST 2019

The positions are funded for up to 42 months on a newly funded EC-Horizon 2020 project called "Ionic Neuromodulation For Epilepsy Treatment (IN-FET)", combining neurobiology, nanotechnologies, electrochemistry, and electronics together for designing a breakthrough novel technology in brain modulation.

We aim at experimentally validating novel routes for cellular and microcircuit stimulation or suppression, in collaboration with a consortium of partners which includes IBM Research Zurich, the University of Geneva, the University of Sheffield, and the Inter-university consortium for Nanoelectronics.

We search for experts in in vitro electrophysiology (substrate-integrated microelectrode arrays) and patch-clamp recordings (dissociated cell cultures, acute and organotypic brain tissue slices) with a strong background in quantitative data analysis and a strong interest for interdisciplinary research.

The link to the text of the call is https://www.sissa.it/bandi/selezione-pubblica-titoli-colloquio-conferimento-di-n-2-assegni-di-ricerca-area-neuroscienze

The deadline for the application is 14/01/2020 at 13.00 and the link to apply is https://pica.cineca.it/sissa/ar-fe-neur-45-2019/

For any information, email to assegniricerca at sissa.it