Connectionists: Deadline 22th Novermber - Call for Contributions: 3rd Northern Lights Deep Learning Workshop, 20-21 January 2020, Tromso ("North Pole"), Norway

Robert Jenssen robert.jenssen at uit.no
Mon Nov 18 09:46:56 EST 2019

We are delighted to invite contributions to the 3rd Northern Lights Deep Learning (NLDL) Workshop on 20-21 January 2020!

Similar to the past years, this will be an informal workshop on deep learning theory and applications in Tromsø, Norway.

Please see http://www.nldl.org<http://www.nldl.org/> for more information.

We are happy to have top international keynote speakers, including

- Bernhard Schölkopf, Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Tübingen, Germany.
- Julia Schnabel, School of Biomedical Engineering and Imaging Sciences, King's College London.
- Dino Sejdinovic, Department of Statistics, University of Oxford.
- Christoph H. Lampert, Institute of Science and Technology Austria (IST Austria).
- Xiaoxiang Zhu, Technical University of Munich (TUM).

This year, we are accepting two alternatives for contributions: (1) Full paper submissions (6 pages) will be presented either as orals or as posters and made published in proceedings after the workshop; (2) Extended abstracts (2 pages) will be presented either as orals or as posters (but not published in the proceedings).

Deadline for both types of submissions: 22th November 2019.
Instructions on template, submissions, etc can be found on http://www.nldl.org<http://www.nldl.org/>.

Further, there will be a mini deep learning school on January 19th for interested participants. More info can be found on https://www.nldl.org/program.

We hope to see many participants for a nice scientific gathering on the "north pole", including social events, and hopefully some northern lights :-)

Perhaps we'll even see the sun for a minute or two, returning after two months of polar night.

NLDL is organised by the UiT Machine Learning Group http://machine-learning.uit.no<http://machine-learning.uit.no/> and the Norwegian Computing Center.

Chairs:
Robert Jenssen
Michael Kampffmeyer