Connectionists: Seeking Applicants - Assistant, Associate, Full Professor in Data Science

Daniel O'Connell doconn at shp.rutgers.edu
Tue Nov 12 13:10:14 EST 2019

The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Rutgers University-Newark (RU-N) invites applications for an Assistant, Associate or full Professor tenure track position in Data Science. The position will be based at RU-N, to begin September 2020. We seek applicants with exceptional research programs focusing on computational methods in machine learning, mathematical modeling of complex data sets, causal inference, science of science, or innovative approaches to AI. We especially seek someone who will bridge with Behavioral or Neurosciences either through methods used or questions investigated.

Committed to building a cluster of faculty around interdisciplinary Computer Science, Data Science, and AI, we also are conducting complementary searches. We seek candidates who have a dynamic and interdisciplinary conception of their research, who can contribute to research and teaching in their areas, and as a core around which to build a new research center, graduate program, and undergraduate programs in interdisciplinary Computer Science, Data Science, and AI.

Responsibilities: The successful applicant will be responsible for undergraduate and graduate teaching in Data Science. Candidates must undertake independent scholarly activity appropriate for advancement within Rutgers University. Candidates will also be responsible for usual advising and administrative duties.

Education/Experience Requirements: Ph.D. by time of appointment; relevant teaching experience; a record of scholarly work and a clear research agenda, demonstrating the ability to build a body of recognized work suitable for tenure at a research university.

For full consideration, apply by December 7, 2019. The position will remain open until it is filled. For questions, please contact Patrick Shafto at mailto:patrick.shafto at rutgers.edu.

Apply via Quick Link to Posting: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/105138

Best,
Dan

Daniel O'Connell
Unit Administrator - Data Science
Department of Mathematics & Computer Science
Rutgers University-Newark
110 Warren Street, Bradley 402
Newark, NJ 07102
p: 973-353-2956