Connectionists: PhD position in Neural Architectures for Speech Technology

Phil Garner Phil.Garner at idiap.ch
Thu Nov 7 11:17:40 EST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We have a fully funded PhD position open at Idiap Research Institute on "Neural
Architectures for Speech Technology".

of speech prosody, and how such models can be integrated into deep learning
solutions. The research will build on work done over the past few years at
Idiap on creating tools for physiologically plausible modelling of speech. The
current "toolbox" contains rudimentary muscle models and means to drive these
using conventional (deep) neural networks. Whilst we have focused so far on
prosody (actually intonation), the application is open ended; the main goal is
to generalise neural modelling to more closely mimic biological systems. The
group also tries to use rigorous Bayesian techniques where possible.

For more information, and to apply, please follow this link:
  http://www.idiap.ch/education-and-jobs/job-10275

Idiap is located in Martigny in French speaking Switzerland, but functions in
English and hosts many nationalities.  PhD students are registered at EPFL.
All positions offer quite generous salaries.  Martigny is close to all manner
of skiing, hiking and mountain life.

There are other related positions at all levels on our jobs page:
  https://www.idiap.ch/en/join-us/job-opportunities

Sincerely,
--
Phil Garner