Connectionists: Post-doc in Computational Neuroimaging of Decision-Making

Yannis Delis delisyannis at gmail.com
Wed May 22 10:45:00 EDT 2019

We are looking to appoint a postdoctoral fellow to make a leading
contribution to an EU-funded project on the neurobiology of human decision
making. The post will be based at the School of Biomedical Sciences of the
University of Leeds.

The aim of our research is to characterise the spatiotemporal dynamics and
the computational principles of the brain networks underlying the
processing of multisensory information, the formation of perceptual
decisions and the execution of subsequent actions. To this end, we use
multimodal recordings including neuroimaging (EEG), motor signals (EMGs and
kinematics) and behavioural data coupled with advanced multivariate
analysis methods and computational modelling. We develop computational
methodologies inspired by machine learning, statistical signal processing,
information theory and Bayesian modelling to fuse data from different
modalities, extract the main patterns of brain activity and characterise
their functional roles with respect to the task at hand.

The goal of this project will be to unravel the neural representations of
the mental processes implicated in the processing of (multi-)sensory
information and the formation of perceptual decisions. Candidates must have
previous practical experience in EEG recordings and data analysis as
evident by a strong track record of publications in international journals.
Working knowledge of multivariate data analysis techniques and excellent
programming skills in Matlab and/or Python are highly desirable.

Interested candidates are invited to contact Dr. Ioannis Delis
(*i.delis at leeds.ac.uk
<i.delis at leeds.ac.uk>*), email their CV and briefly explain their interest
in this position. Starting date is flexible.