Connectionists: Special Entropy Issue "Information Theory in Computational Neuroscience"

Claudius Gros gros at itp.uni-frankfurt.de
Tue May 21 11:28:03 EDT 2019

Special Entropy Issue
"Information Theory in Computational Neuroscience"

https://www.mdpi.com/journal/entropy/special_issues/Computational_Neuroscience

Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 January 2020

Dear Colleagues,

Brains empower living organisms with extraordinary information processing
capabilities. Complex spatio-temporal dependencies present in their
environments may be learned, long- and short-term memories of experiences and
plans regarding the future. Importantly, information processing in the brain
happens over multiple spatio-temporal scales, from single synapses and synaptic
terminals to dendritic trees and neuronal bodies, all the way up to neuronal
networks and large brain areas.

Hence, it is not surprising that information theory has led to many exciting
developments in computational neuroscience, providing tools essential for our
modern understanding of the computational principles that govern the
development, structure, physiology, and dynamics of the nervous system.

In this Special Issue, we aim to bring together neuronal models and neuronal
plasticity mechanisms that are grounded in information theory principles,
modern inference, and learning algorithms. We welcome submissions that use
information theory as the basis for defining generative principles of neuronal
dynamics over multiple spatio-temporal scales, which informs our understanding
of information processing in the brain.

Prof. Dr. Claudius Gros
Dr. Dimitrije Marković
Guest Editors

###
### Prof. Dr. Claudius Gros
### http://itp.uni-frankfurt.de/~gros
###
### Complex and Adaptive Dynamical Systems, A Primer
### A graduate-level textbook, Springer (2008/10/13/15)
###
### Mageia, das Buch der Farben
### http://www.buchderfarben.de
###
### Life for barren exoplanets: The Genesis project
### https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10509-016-2911-0
###